Tuesday 11 September 2012

Simple Beginnings

Lets start this blog with a little bit about why I'm blogging (& why it's about architecture of all things).

Well it's pretty simple really, I'm an architecture graduate.
I never fully understood where my place was in Architecture, no one ever really quite "got" my designs so I was often left feeling pretty deflated about the whole thing. One thing I always loved though was writing about architecture; everytime I see a beautiful building I just want to write about it.

It hit me one day in 4th year, I fell victim to the mother of all bad crits & was on the verge of giving up when my tutor told me "I think your more of an academic architect" & in that moment I realised why I'd picked the God Forsaken course.

I picked architecture because I loved it; I hated having to design buildings (mostly because most people hated my ideas) but I loved to study them. Writing about architecture is what brings me to life, it's the part that I've missed most since leaving university & it's the reason why I want to start this blog.

So like I said, it's pretty simple, I'm an academic architect (although technically I'm not allowed to say that since I'm not registered/part 3 qualified...gutted) so I'm taking up architecture blogging to reunite myself with my love of studying architecture.

With all of that in mind lets get this blog started with the image that made me want to study architecture...
Lloyds Building - Image Source:
skyscrapernews.com, Copyright Holder - James Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment